Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Crazy school days

The past few days have been hectic. Most of the big projects or reports in my classes have been due, like my research paper, the ENORMOUS binder filled with various applications, packets, and brochures for JILG, my book research project for English, and various papers for Shakespeare.(Along with a few different unit tests. Luckily the tests for Shakespeare are pretty easy for me, and Othello was an amazing play so I didn't have a hard time remembering specifics of it.)
Once it gets to Ten O'clock at night I've been switching over to my dvd player and re-watching Labyrinth(yes, every night. I like the movie THAT much. And people wonder how I can pull random quotes from it at a moment's notice.). Other than that I've been sticking to the Discovery Channel, the History Channel, Comedy Central, and every now and then Cartoon Network for an episode of Goosebumps or Family Guy.
Shock of the century, I've forced myself to start wearing a bit of eye makeup nearly every day. It's getting to the point where I'll need to wear it more often, so I'm getting myself used to it. If I have an extra two or three minutes before catching my bus in the morning, I'll slap on some eye shadow/mascara/eye liner and that's it. So it's not much different from what I'd normally do. It's surprising how many people have said something about it. I know why most of the people I talk to think I am doing it, but they'd never mention it so I haven't said anything.
I'll be going on a school trip to the YMCA next week, we'll be doing the High/low ropes courses, and luckily it will take most of the school day. I'll only miss JILG, Shakespeare, and English, so there won't be much trouble in making things up.
A few bad things have happened as well, first of all my dog Bella died on saturday. She was hit by a car in front of our neighboor's house. My dad set up a burn pile and burned her body, they scraped up the ashes and buried them the following morning. Luckily her puppies are old enough to eat solid food.
next, my mom was in a car accident this morning. She was on the interstate and she had stopped for traffic, a woman came up behind her at nearly full speed and smacked our car dead center on the back end. Of course, it shoved the car forward into the car in front. Luckily my mom wasn't hurt too badly, she has a pretty bruised up clavical(collar-bone, bruised by seat-belt wearers when they're in an accident, sometimes broken if enough force is put on them)and a pretty nasty bruise running up her spine, but aside from that just a few bumps and bruises. The car was completely totalled, and sadly, it looks like the woman who caused the accident doesn't have any insurance. Yay.
Now we have one car having the engine replaced, a truck that is falling apart, and.....nothing. We can't afford a new car so my mom will have to start using my dad's car when it's out of the shop, and unfortunately for me that means even if I do get a job, I won't be able to get to it. The truck doesn't have any break lights or turn signals, so I can't drive it.
That's about it for this update.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I am very lucky to be close to my family. Even though Nicole and I are 14 years apart, I absolutely love spending any time with her. I'm sure she'll keep me busy, but I'm definitely ready for our girls only weekend.

I hope your mom is ok after that accident. Of course she would have to be hit by someone that doesn't have insurance.

Don't you just love to be able to pull random quotes from movies? I do the same thing from time to time.