I had a fairly okay, if boring, birthday. The trip to the Science Center was AMAZING.
I got to browse around and look at all the neat stuff before and after the Body World part, which in itself was worth the trip. The bodies were really cool, and it was kind of creepy to see them posed like that. They were all stripped of skin, some had bands of skin left to show how thick they'd be with it and all that, but most of them were almost all either muscle or skeletal and muscle(some were partially stripped to the skeleton). There was just one statue that had its skin...with it. It was standing in a "triumphant" pose and holding it's skin up in the air. The skin dangled down and you could see every side of it, and how weird it looked when not on the body.
Off the topic of that exhibit, my buddy Lydia and I ended up walking around together the whole time, because we looked at the same stuff on the bodies and acted the same way all over the place. It was just more fun than sticking with a group that was being boring.
Last time I was at the Science Center most of the stuff was under construction, about the nly thing that you could see well was the Dinosaur thing. And when I was little I stood under it and was momentarily scared. Lydia and I stood under the T-rex head this time and joked around about it, a few seconds after we walked away this little girl with her class looked up at it and started screaming and crying. I felt so bad for her. XD Her teacher had to bring her upstairs and sit her down for awhile.
I went home and kept trying to call people so that I could go to a movie or something, but nobody was answering their phones(even when I called later)so I sat down and played Morrowind for a few....hours.
I'm trying to think of who I should bother inviting to the JILG initiation ceremony since I know my parents won't want to come. It's a lame ceremony, but as my class reporter person I have to take part in the speech thing, and I want SOMEBODY to be there. My mom may try to get off work, but my dad will just bitch about how boring it is if he goes so I won't bother asking him. (He used to try sitting through chorus concerts but I finally told him to stop because it wasn't worth his complaining the whole time)
I'm nearly done with Shadow of The Hegemon, and I have about five other books at the ready.
Yay me!
Huzzah for being 18!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Don't feel guilty keeping the game, unless you two are still planning on exchanging Christmas gifts, which with Ryan you never know...
Right now I'm working on getting Christmas lists together for everyone I have to buy for. I'm drawing blanks for my cousins right now. It's tough to buy for four 10 and 11 year olds because they want just about anything and everything electronic. Hopefully I can think of something good for them.
How was your Thanksgiving?
Post a Comment