Saturday, October 6, 2007

If only, if only.

If only life were more like a good movie, where everything always works out just fine. In a movie world, you conveniently run into whomever you need to talk to at the time in a random place, and know exactly what to say to make everything all right. In a movie world, holding a boom box over your head and playing your favorite song for somebody makes everything better. Or, my favorite, you happen to run into a random movie star/singer and they help you make it all better.(If you get the last two references, you get a cookie. Shouldn't be too hard to do though...)
Unfortunately, real life is more like a slap in the face compared to that. People you were once close to don't even want to talk to you, people who have been your friends for a long time decide that you're not worth talking to, and no matter how much you may be crying on the inside, nobody seems to notice or care.

Anywho, I'm going to Preview SIUE on Monday, my mom was originally supposed to come but apparently my dad really wants to go. So, he'll be bringing me, and he'll even let me drive there!(He never likes it when other people drive him anywhere, since his last accident when somebody else was driving he's become paranoid. This is going to be the first time in over a year that I'll be driving him ANYWHERE.)My hair will be re-dyed tonight so that it looks nice on Monday, and I even plan on wearing a bit of makeup to look a bit less scruffy. (Don't get excited, it's just the plain old eyeshadow and mascara that I usually wear when I have to wear makeup.)
I got to play Jenga for the first time in years in PE the other day. The other two people I was playing it with are two of my remaining 'friends'. Katie and Blake. Katie was the 'daredevil' that kept pulling out random blocks on the bottom of our tower, and Blake and I would play it as safely as we could so that the tower didn't kill us. Our game lasted over a half hour, and eventually it got to where none of us were sitting, and we'd examine the tower from every angle before we tested each possible block to pull out. The bottom half of the tower was layer upon layer of a single block, Katie had pulled all the others out. Eventually it toppled on Blake though, the teacher was getting angry that our game went on so long. (Hey, when you get an amazing game of Extreme Jenga going like that, you have to see it through to the end. You can't just abandon your tower and let it fall when moves can still be made!)

I'm enjoying my permanent retainer as well, I love not having to take it off before I eat.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I got the last two movie references you mentioned and - woo hoo! (I'm usually the one that is horrible with movies.)

Just hang in there...I know everything seems to be a mess right now, but it will fall into place eventually. I've been in the same place as you and all I wanted to do was bang my head against the wall (or someone else's) because things weren't working out the way I wanted them to. The best advice I can give you is to be patient and just go with the flow. It's hard to do, but eventually everything will click.

Have fun previewing SIUE. From what I hear, most people like the campus and the school. I am partial to McKendree though. :)

Lindsay said...

I'm glad you like the campus...is that your first choice for college or do you have any other places in mind?

I enjoyed taking Psychology classes in college. Out of all of the elective classes I had to take to get my degree, I found my Psychology class the most interesting. Of course, it helps when you have a good professor too.

It's nice to be able to use the internet as a sound board too. I find I have a better grip on my thoughts once I have them written out...whether its on my blog or elsewhere.